21 June 2013

Road trippin'

In celebration of the first official day of Summer, it only seemed fitting to discuss the classic American vacation; the family road trip. I am certain as a child I logged as many miles as most of you as we made our pilgrimage to Southern California or our annual trip to Montana. Now that I am older and have a family of my own, we have made it a tradition to go on many road trips over the years. 
A favorite of ours has always been driving down to San Francisco or deciding which national park we want to hike around next. If you are like us and enjoy planning bigger trips, but oftentimes wait until the last minute to plan the shorter ones, might I suggest a few of our favorite places:

Close to home:

Portland, Oregon

Farther afield:


Do you have a favorite road trip?
Especially when it has rained around here for awhile, oh how the desert beckons me. I love the raw nature of this dry and dusty climate. My heart delights in watching tumbleweed stumble across the landscape.



Cameron with our trusty rental car. We put a lot of miles on that car!
Long,  open roads for miles.
Road trips are great because otherwise you might just miss the Mexican Hat.
Or the opportunity to photograph another state sign.

No comments: