03 June 2013

Zion National Park: how good it is to feel small

Far below the towering rock cliffs I am reminded of how small I am. My problems, my worries, my life is really small in comparison to this whole wide world. I am grateful for my faith, my personal power I cling to. No matter how small or insignificant I might feel I am happy to know this great big beautiful world was created for me to enjoy. I realize it was not created solely for me, but when I am hiking amidst the hovering pine trees or the red sandstone and there is no one else around, it certainly feels like this was all created just for me.

Oh, how I love the red dirt trails.

There are a multitude of excellent hikes to go on while you are in Zion National Park. I would suggest consulting this guide to determine what is appropriate for your comfort level, skill and time frame. A few of the hikes we went on were: Emerald Pools Trail, Weeping Rock and Observation Trail.
Our most used possession, our Camelbaks.


With views like this I could hike here for weeks.
Indian Paintbrushes growing out of the rock.


Trees precariously perched on rocky ledges.



Talk about one phenomenal lunch spot.














We camped at the Watchman campground while enjoying spectacular views all around us.
We thoroughly enjoyed the park being "car free" and learning more about the park as we took the shuttle around.
Don't forget to enter the HalfPop giveaway by Friday.

No comments: