19 June 2013

Be a tourist in your own town: riding a surrey along Alki

A shaved ice break at Marination Ma Kai
I am always surprised when I hear how many long time Seattle residents have never visited the Space Needle or gone on the Underground Tour. I mean come on people, why should the tourists have all the fun? If you have been a reader for awhile now you know I am a big proponent of trying anything and everything that is touristy in my home town. One Saturday we descended upon Alki with no other goal than to ride a surrey up and down the very streets we have walked a zillion times.

Someone else on a surrey had the same idea as us!!
At the end of the day I ended up having even more fun than I thought I would. Cameron and I were ringing the bell to our surrey profusely like idiots, riding super duper fast until the pedals would spin out of control and we took more than one ride down a sharp incline smiling all the way! Bottom line: we had a blast, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it is yet another thing we can mark off our list as a worthwhile endeavor when you have an hour or two to kill when you are at Alki Beach.
We loved riding around in our surrey built for two, but they also had larger ones with a second row.
Husky Deli ice cream + Marination Ma Kai shaved ice= perfection!

I love how Cameron always has a smile on his face, he is the greatest guy to have around. 
And because riding a surrey is a lot of work, a little sustenance.
Do you have a favorite touristy thing you like to do in your hometown?

Make certain to enter the Whale Watching Tour and the Mountain House Giveaway!

No comments: