19 December 2012

Gospel in action

It is with a full heart I want to express my sincere gratitude for all the sisters who came out to support me on our Service Night. There are not many places you can rally forty women together from all walks of life who are ready and willing to roll up there sleeves and devote an evening to helping out. I also wanted to thank all of you who have diligently supported me over the past couple of months. I have not only been lifted up by your prayers, but amazed at your capacity to selflessly give. Service Night was Relief Society at its best and the gospel truly in action.

We are close to our goal of having 50 complete layette sets and additional 200-250 diapers to donate this week. Working on these items has made me realize how thin the veil is between heaven and earth. I know all hands (no matter how small the task) who have worked on this items will be blessed.

The items we have been working on are for celestial beings and will touch the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people.  A blanket or a diaper might not seem like a big deal to you, but they will most likely become someone's most prized possession and one of only a few physical reminders their loved one was here on earth. 

There is a reason we call wards our ward family. I was truly feeling the love that evening.










2 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

So many families will blessed because of your hard work and motivation to help others in their time of need. You are an angel on earth Asher is lucky to have you for his mommy!

Erin said...

Hi, Lisette, I just emailed you. Me again. Reading some more...how wonderful that you pulled all the RS together to do something that will be extremely valuable to other parents. Like you said, these things these women are making, that you are making...they will be treasured. I have some of my son's items in a special box that is too painful even to open up. I treasure those few items as some of the only physical reminders that he indeed was here.