18 November 2011

Art installation: Bridging the outdoors with the indoors

The other day while out on a run, I spotted a large branch and felt the urge to bring it home. I pulled it off the main walkway and placed it under a tree. Once I finished my run, I went back for it. As luck would have it, there is not a big market for down branches especially after a storm, so there it sat waiting for me to return. Once I wrangled it into our place, I quickly realized it was a two man job. Knowing how Cameron would certainly not see "the vision" I wrestled it into place and onto our wall. When I was finished I was pleased with my handiwork and now we have our very own artist installation in our dining area.

Pictures don't particularly do it justice, so if you want to see it for yourself feel free to stop by. I should warn you, it looks so cool I might just start charging admission.

In case you want your very own branch on the wall, you will need the following supplies:
Hammer
Large branch
Ribbon
Nails

Simply place the nails where you want the branch, wrap ribbon around the branch and tie to the wall.





No comments: