I like travel which changes me, that gives me a more global perspective. Last year Cameron and I planned a two week Central American adventure with a bookend Florida getaway. We have already been in Belize, Guatemala, and Costa Rica and wanted to check a couple more Central American countries off our list. Our trip went a little something like this:
- We flew from Seattle to Miami, we stayed in South Beach for a couple days
- Flew from Miami to Managua, Nicaragua
- Drove from Managua to Granada, we stayed in Granada for several days
- Drove from Granada to Leon, we stayed there for a couple days
- Drove from Leon back to Managua
- Took one VERY long and adventurous bus ride from Managua, Nicaragua to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Flew from San Jose, Costa Rica to Panama City, Panama, (at this point we were exhausted and I did I mention I was seven weeks pregnant!)
- Flew from Panama City, Panama to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Flew from San Jose, Costa Rica to Miami
- Drove from Miami down to Key West, we stayed there two nights
- Drove from Key West to Delray Beach, stayed there one night here.
- Drove from Delray Beach to Miami
- Flew from Miami to Seattle
Whew! Just typing this up made me tired.
Hotel Dario, it had an excellent location, was charming as could be and since we were one of a handful of people staying there we had the place virtually to ourselves.
|Two children playing outside the Cathedral of Granada|
A cross in front of The Cathedral of Granada.
We went up the bell tower of La Merced church. For just a couple dollars we were afforded the best views of the city, we timed it just right as the sun was just beginning to set. This bird's eye view allowed us to see how each home had an inner courtyard with a small garden inside.
Everyone knows everyone in Granada, so Giovanni was able to chat with a friend while he waited for us up in the bell tower.
Remember, enter to win the Rachel Austin print giveaway.