31 January 2013

One proud mama

As I got ready to go back to my freelance job the first time since I had Asher I was filled with a lot of anxiety. Would people avoid me? Would people treat me differently? Would people want to talk with me? These along with many other questions muddled my brain. The first thing I did in preparation was log onto my computer and download a picture of Asher. In the event anyone asked about him I would have it ready and at my disposal. I realize under 'normal' circumstances people have a child to show off, I however just have a photograph. It is moments like this that continue to sting and remind me of what I have temporarily lost. Temporarily is the key word.

I have been reading a poignant book entitled, What Is On the Other Side and this particular passage struck a nerve with me,"Joseph Smith declared that the mother who laid down her little child, being deprived of the privilege, the joy, and the satisfaction of bringing it up to manhood or womanhood in this world, would, after the resurrection, have all the joy, satisfaction and pleasure and even more than it would have been possible to have had in mortality, in seeing her child grow to the full measure of the stature of its spirit"

I know this to be true doctrine. I have faith in a loving and kind God.


No comments: