07 August 2012

Finding your happy place

As my body continues to change and I feel less and less like my former self I have had many opportunities to ponder this little guy who is growing inside of me. Cameron and I have always treasured making time to explore, discover and see places (we have repeatedly been to) with new eyes, but I get the sense a child is only going to add to our wonder and amazement with life. On our hike this weekend, I envisioned a little Cameron/Lisette look alike strapped to one of our backs and the thought of this made me smile. Everyone we talk to likes to warn us of all the things we will not be able to do once our child comes or how much our life will change, but I firmly believe we will be incorporating this child into our lives and not reinventing it for him. Cameron and I have a very good thing going....... this life of ours and I am certain this little guy is excited to join the party.
Snow Lake still covered in snow.
 The trail to Gem Lake was covered in sections of snow, but nothing that was not manageable.

I like to think of ourselves as adventurous and that we constantly push each other to be more so. On one of the hottest days of the year (so far) we decided to take an eleven mile hike. My motto as of late is "do it while I still can!!"

Lunch lakeside, tan included.

No shortage of breathtaking scenery at each turn.

A better life and hiking partner I could never find.


Despite it being an amazing weekend weather wise, we were able to avoid the crowds and have the place to ourselves.....just like we like it.

No comments: