19 January 2012

A snowy day around the neighborhood

After wrapping up a shortened work day, we ventured out on a walk through Lincoln Park. As the snow crunched beneath our feet it reminded me of the time I was in New York City walking through Central Park right after a snowfall. I cannot think of anything more lovely than everything covered in snow. Snow not only makes everything seem more magical, but it tends to bring out the child in each of us. As we were heading home we walked past a group of people sledding down a hill. Enviously, I stood watching on the sidelines. I too wanted to go sledding, but did not have the equipment or the courage to politely ask for a turn. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted two McDonald's trays lying in the snow. I was a little fearful of how they might operate on such a large hill, but after begging Cameron to try it too off we went careening down the hill.



I love it when the sand meets the snow.

 We were able to clearly see the different water depths and the water appeared a greenish blue in places.
The ferry in the background.
Who says snowman cannot be cats? I thought this was too clever to pass up.
Even the garbage cans get a little attention when it snows.
 Just in case you do not believe such a tale, here we are after sledding down a hill on McDonald's trays. 

Once we returned home from sledding, we lit a fire, ate grilled cheese, parsnip soup and salad. Afterwards, we even made Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookies and played games. I wished everyday was as fun as this.

No comments: