21 January 2012

Let the adventure begin....

I am indeed married to one happy man who even smiles while he is snowshoeing. His smile is infectious and has been known to make people around him 99% happier (or so I have heard).
The snow really started to come down.
This past weekend proved to be a busy day up on the mountain, so there were actually a few other people around to take our photograph. They used the good old "will you take my photo and I will take your photo" approach and it worked brilliantly.


Knee deep in powder, we were in heaven.
The most fun part of the day was running down this massive mountain we had hiked up and allowing the powder to help push you along.
I always love these human scale shots. We are so small compared with the grandeur of God's handiwork.





There is this excerpt from a Jane Monheit song I always like to sing when we are out in the snow:

I love the winter weather
So the two of us can get together
There's nothing sweeter, finer
When it's nice and cold I can hold my baby closer to me
And collect the kisses that are due me
I love the winter weather
'Cause I've got my love to keep me warm

No comments: