23 March 2010

Bandera Mountain


Once the party was over, I was itching to take full advantage of the beautiful first day of Spring. Cameron had the brilliant idea to go where we thought we could escape the crowds and found ourselves hiking up the Ira Spring Trail to Bandera Mountain. One of the best qualities of this particular trails is the constant views of Mount Rainier to the side. Ira Spring is a series of switchbacks in which you quickly climb up out of the tree line to views a plenty. We encountered a fair amount of snow once we were up towards the top, but nothing our poles could not help us out with.





Mount Rainier in the distance.

The temperature crept up to 70 degrees that day, it felt so good to have the warmth of the sunshine on our faces. We are eagerly plotting all the hiking and camping we can cram into these next six months.


Typically, I like to hike out in front since Cameron is so tall I cannot see around him, but other times I like to hang back and snap photos of him. Usually, I am pretty sneaky and he does not notice, but if he does not hear me behind him for awhile he stops to turn back to make sure I am alright. "Yes, Cameron I am coming"

No comments: