11 March 2010

50 Ultimate Cities

Photo of Rio de Janeiro taken from National Geographic Traveler

According to National Geographic they have compiled a list of the 50 ultimate cities in the world. Here they are in no particular order:

Amsterdam
Hong Kong
Rome
Athens
Istanbul
San Diego
Atlanta
Jerusalem
San Francisco
Bangkok
Las Vegas
Seattle
Barcelona
London
Seoul
Beijing
Los Angeles
Shanghai
Berlin
Madrid
Singapore
Boston
Mexico City
Stockholm
Budapest
Miami
St. Petersburg
Buenos Aires
Montreal
Sydney
Cape Town
Chicago
Moscow
Tokyo
Mumbai
Toronto
Dallas
New York
Vancouver
Delhi
Paris
Venice
Dubai
Philadelphia
Vienna
Dublin
Prague
Washington D.C.
Florence
Rio de Janeiro

It was fun to go through the list and check off the places I have been to. Of this list I have visited 17 places so far, I have four more U.S. cities to visit (Atlanta although I have flown in there countless times still does not count since I have never been into the city) and those should be the easy ones to check off. I have my work cut out for me, but I am up for the challenge.

How about you? How many have you been to?

5 comments:

Cameron said...

Good luck and have lots of fun. I expect to see postcards once in a while.

Cameron said...

Oh, I've been to 49. Atlanta doesn't count or else it would be 50 : (

Guess I'll have to venture into the city the next time we are traveling there.

Ketsy said...

I think I have 18 down, 32 to go. I am glad to have this list to keep me on track. :)

Kerry said...

I am certainly not a world traveler, but I was surprised I could check off more cities than I expected! Good list - thanks for sharing!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

14 and counting... Paris next?