12 October 2008

Missing my better half

Cameron was the recipient of my cold this weekend, so while he napped I decided to get some fresh air and hiked up Rattlesnake Ridge. Rattlesnake Ridge has become our "go to place" for hiking. We like it for a number of reasons namely length (it does not take up your whole day nor require early rising to secure a parking spot) it can be relatively empty during certain times of the day or week and it has a nice little reward at the end of the hike providing sweeping views and a cool breeze. We have come up here countless times so you might think that we would get bored or find it less enjoyable, but oh the contrary. Since we are so familiar with the hike we are able to concentrate on the subtle. Whether it be the shifting of the seasons, a dryness in the landscape due to lack of rain that week or the smell in the air after a good rain. This week I conquered it alone, but my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of how lucky I am that I am married to not only someone with the same schedule, but that we are able to share similiar interests. Life is more full, more fun and more meaningful with Cameron and sometimes it is good to get away and be reminded of that. For those readers that live around here do you have any favorite hiking spots you would like to share?














1 comment:

Lisette said...

You look too serious. I guess that's because I wasn't there to make you laugh.