09 October 2008

A birthday wish





Around this time last year Cameron and I headed down to spend my birthday with my grandparents. I had never been away from home on my birthday before, but the promise of good weather and even better company was too good to resist. My birthday was filled with a day of shopping at Fashion Island and then a birthday dinner, no wait a feast. My Grandpa offered to make me dinner, but only if I did not want to go out to eat. I am glad I knew better and accepted the home cooked meal. We were hardly prepared for what would meet us at home, we had prime rib, mashed potatoes, shrimp cocktail , cheese with broccoli and salad with blue cheese. I have yet to even mention dessert which was not your traditional birthday cake, but peanut butter pie- my favorite. Little did I know that this would be the last great meal that we would share together, or that our time together would be shorter than I would have liked, little did I know that this would be the last birthday that I would hear the infamous, "hey lisetti spaghetti do you feel any older?" he would then always go on to tell me how proud he was of me, how great he thought I was and what a lucky guy Cameron was. These are the things I will miss on my birthday this year.

No comments: