14 October 2008

A new tradition

In my family when it is your birthday they really roll at the red carpet for you. My Mom for as long as I can remember let us pick any meal that we wanted her to make for us and she would make it. Despite our varying tastes she always happily accommodated our request even when one year this meant hot dogs for my brother. This year we decided to add a new one to our repertoire of festivities, a balloon launch. I saw this wonderful idea on one of the blogs that I have been following and thought what a great idea. The idea is simple, but it made for a fun new memory. All you do is get some helium balloons either one for each year you are turning or one for each person present and then each person writes a birthday wish for you, ties it to the balloon and sends it floating up into the sky. I like this photo of my Dad it looks like he has either just made a landing or is ready to take off. He always likes to have a good time, so it is no wonder that Cameron and him get along so well.





No comments: