03 April 2013

Day trip: University of Washington campus + Suzzallo Reading Room

Strolling around The University of Washington's campus can be incredibly beautiful any time of year, but it is especially nice this time of year when all the cherry blossom trees are in bloom. The architecture and detail of many of the old buildings are intriguing and even after walking these pathways for four years, I have noticed things I never saw while zipping to and from my classes. The cherry blossoms draw a ton of people to the campus, so it is especially bustling on weekends and on sunny afternoons. My recommendation would be to go early in the morning before classes start and have the place to yourself. Check out their bloom status here.
You will find the cherry blossoms in The Quad. Locate it on this map just NE of Suzzallo Library.


After you have taken your fair share of photographs and the gorgeous collegiate feeling, head over to Suzzallo Library and take the stairs up to the reading room. It is a nice and quiet spot where I spent several of my college years taking naps.........I mean studying.





4 comments:

R's Rue said...

The first photo had me.

R's Rue said...

The second is lovely too!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

I was there this last weekend! For some crazy reason, it was my first visit during cherry blossom season. So gorgeous! My hubs and I laid down on the grass, listened to podcasts, and people watched :) xo

Lisette said...

Hi Shannon-

You could not have gone on a prettier weekend. Such a great place to people watch.