04 February 2013

Life is meant to be shared

Food, germs, time, you name it we like to share it with each other. Based upon the fact colds have plagued our little family, we had a pretty low key weekend. You know when you have grand ideas, but simply do not have the energy to execute any of them? Well, that was us this weekend. We spent an inordinate amount of time downtown exploring every nook and cranny of the city and popping into a shop or two as the mood struck us. Most notably, I was temporarily astonished when I found myself indulging in a doughnut right before eating dinner. At times like this I have to remind myself I am adult and I can simply do whatever I like. Cameron who scoffs at any such notion of calorie counting is oh so good for me and my self esteem. Life is meant to be enjoyed and my husband is just plain good at it.

What does your low key weekend look like?
Sunsets are grand, especially in the dead of Winter.


There is a reason this place is always slammed as you dine elbow to elbow with your neighbor.
Kale on pizza...yes please! That makes it healthy right?
A little light reading.
Gelatiamo- hands down the best gelato in Seattle!



We rode the Monorail for the first time in many years. We claim it is useless, but when you are sick and tired maybe it is more helpful than we first thought.

We wrapped up our Saturday with dinner at by the fire and a few fierce rounds of Parchessi.


The birthday boy at my parent's house for Sunday dinner, and one fancy peanut butter chocolate cake for dessert.



My Grandmother's sentiment on his birthday card sums him up best, "happy birthday to one of the nicest fellows I know" I could not agree more and it does my heart good that others see his goodness too.

No comments: