20 November 2012

Light A Fire

Last week, we had the opportunity to attend the first ever Light A Fire Event in Seattle. We had the opportunity to mix and mingle with several interesting people and I left that evening utterly inspired to do more with my own life. The key note speaker, Renae Goettel, was this amazing young woman who has survived cancer, is blind, but just happens to run marathons and work for the Make A Wish foundation. This young woman had done more in her twenty something years than most do in a lifetime.

As I contemplate how to become a more productive, generous and community minded individual, I would encourage each of you to look inside yourself and see what you have to offer others. I am certain it is more than you ever realized. To read up on all the winners or just to get inspired by their stories, read here.

No comments: