04 September 2012

We love Portland

We planned our trip to Portland in conjunction with the long holiday weekend to do some tax free baby shopping, stay at our favorite hotel and enjoy the many sights and sounds of the city. Where else do you find such cute graffiti or the opportunity to eat grilled cheese in a double decker bus?




The weather was kind and we had sunshine and blue skies the entire time.

We browsed loads of interesting boutiques and I even found several tax free items for myself. It is always more exciting to purchase items while on vacation than just at home.

We worked up quite an appetite with all that walking and enjoyed many of favorite places along with some new ones.

We love The Nines and I think this is a good representation of what my dream bedroom might look like.......calm, sophisticated and put together.


Portland in general seems to think it is the center of the universe, so it is no surprise when you see signage touting itself.

All the good restaurants in Portland have almost a cult following. One morning we waited a solid hour to eat breakfast.

At Mother's their portions are a tad too large, but I enjoyed my frittata while Cameron enjoyed his biscuits and gravy.


I am starting to round out and look a tad more pregnant than fat which is surprisingly a welcome change.


We tried Little Big Burger which is Portland's version of In and Out. Short, simple menu, but more gourmet options like blue cheese, swiss or chevre on your burger and truffle oil on your fries. I will tell you I am not the biggest french fry fan, but the truffle oil fries are quite addicting.

No comments: