22 August 2012

Deep in the heart of Texas


Over the past six months I have had the privilege of being a personal trainer/coach to a young man in our ward to help him loose weight. Forty plus pounds later he is slimmer, trimmer and most importantly healthier. Last week he left on a mission for our church to Texas. I knew I wanted to make something special for his farewell and I got in my head I was going to make Texas shaped cookies. Lo and behold the first kitchen store I went to had two state cookie cutters- Washington and Texas. Go figure???? but I love it when things work out so easily.

When I asked him what lessons he has learned from this experience he told me the following, "I now know I am able to push myself and do things I never thought I could do" My heart simultaneously skipped a beat and soared because this is priceless knowledge. I am so proud of him, all his hard work and that I was able to be the catalyst for change he needed.


3 comments:

Stephen said...

Oh Lisette, That's so great that you were coaching him! And those are such cute treats.
Now, how about coaching me?

Tara H said...

Ha ha! You knew that was me, right? Stephen's google account is always logged in! LOL

Lisette said...

I was surprised to see Stephen was reading my blog, let alone commenting. It makes more sense it was you :)