01 February 2012

The birthday boy

He likes sleeping in, taking it easy, making people laugh, being impulsive, high adventure, pushing himself, and spending time with me. Together we enjoyed his day of birth high up in the mountains without any sort of birthday fanfare. He also likes to lay low and have lots of fun doing it.
I never grow tired of this view as we come down the mountain and into this bowl.
 The clouds kept flirting with the idea of trying to part, but in the end this was as clear as it got.
If we had one mantra it would be: happy to be, happy to be together. It reminds me of few weeks ago at church Cameron was up at the pulpit giving a talk. The woman sitting behind me leaned in and said how wonderful she thinks Cameron is, then she mentioned how I had really won. I had never really thought of it like that, but I have really chosen the best.


After snowshoeing, we went out to an early dinner and called it a day. I am sure glad he was born!

No comments: