31 January 2012

Time to party!!


 
On a cold, rainy, Sunday afternoon I mixed, chopped and stirred the hours away in the kitchen. There is nothing more rewarding than the ability to create something with my own two hands. Whether it be a bowl of ingredients, a heap of trimmings or paper I enjoy working with my hands. The old adage goes "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" I would agree nothing quite satisfies the soul like a good meal. I am still very much a novice in the kitchen, but my fearless approach to tackling new recipes (especially when guests are to arrive in mere hours) helps to increase my repertoire. On this particular day I tried my hand at a two tiered Chocolate Cake with Swiss Chocolate Meringue Buttercream frosting and homemade whole wheat pizza. 
These tall, skinny, rainbow candles are my favorite. 
They just happened to compliment the salad just perfectly.
On the menu: whole wheat individual pizzas, a variety of toppings, salad and chocolate birthday cake.
We spent a lovely evening by the fire with good conversation, tasty food and most importantly a good reminder to Cameron just how much he is adored by me and the people in his life.

2 comments:

Britty said...

Another Happy Birthday to Cameron! And, the pictures of your home are killing me! I am eating them all up, keep them coming. It looks sooo very cozy. I just bought the striped shower curtain from West Elm, too, in yellow, and after your post I'm rethinking to grey... :)

Lisette said...

West Elm is getting all my money lately. How funny, I bought the yellow one too, but then it looked two greenish in our bathroom so I switched to the grey. The scribble curtains from West Elm are in our kitchen in the top photo.