26 September 2011

Mac girl no more

I hate to admit it, but the first time I ever wore makeup was the day I got married. Now I cannot pinpoint the exact reason for this, other than I never really considered doing so before. Regardless of being a total late comer to the make up scene, I embraced Mac products as my go to source for makeup. That is until I discovered there are several much less expensive options out there. I knew these products were working well when I was out to dinner with a friend and she stopped me mid sentence to ask me about my mascara. On her way home she picked some up and has been using it ever since. I know I sound like I am thirteen, but my idea of wearing makeup is to keep it simple: mascara and lip gloss. Here are my two favorites:

New York Color Liquid Lip Shine: color Nude York City

Since I am a total novice to this whole make up thing, what are some of your favorite products lately?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

That's funny. I've totally noticed how great your eyelashes and lips look. Thaks for the tip. I do hope to wear makeup again in my lifetime.

Tara H said...

Ahh! See, you two can get away without wearing makeup and look beautiful! I am surprised at how often I find myself with no makeup nowadays . . . the mascara I keep coming back to is Lashexact by Covergirl- it's one of the only brushes that doesn't get mascara on my eyelid. And I found Ulta lipstick to be so good! It stays smooth all day. Vintage pink looks really natural. Mostly though, I use Mary Kay.