06 July 2011

The perfect Summer day

At four thirty in the morning I donned my summeriest outfit and boarded an early morning flight bound for one of my favorite places. I just knew it was going to be a good day. By ten we were splitting a sandwich and roasted potatoes from Roli Roti. Usually, the thought of meat before noon makes me choke, but waking up a couple hours earlier than usual rearranges ones eating schedule.

Something Cameron and I excel at is making happy memories. We have more fun, take more pictures and have experienced more things than many people do in a lifetime. I feel blessed to have married such an easy going and adventurous travel companion.




The Ferry Building's Farmer's Market is a feast for the senses. They have thought of everything, and even have valet for your groceries. If you buy too much, they will gladly watch it while you do the rest of your shopping or have lunch.


I was on a quest to try the Steamed Caramel milk from Sidekick. It was different, delicious and delightful all in one. Instead of messing with a paper sleeve, the whole cup had a corrugated protective wrap, this was ingenious to me.




Even though we were traveling, we could not go home empty handed. We decided to purchase a bouquet of lavender for Cameron's Grandmother and then caught wafts of the fragrant buds throughout the rest of the day.







I believe this was the first time I wore shorts (except for when we were in French Polynesia) for an entire day this year.

Several street performers like to paint themselves silver or gold and act like statues and then tourists like me snap their photos. I think it is strange, but to each its own.

For one of the first times in a long while, the fog never really lifted to reveal the Golden Gate Bridge. You can see it peeking out on the top left hand corner.

Sundae, milkshake or ice cream cone is always the big decision at Ghirardelli. Summer and ice cream seem to go hand in hand though, so ice cream won out.

Based on the less than stellar weather we have been having this year in Seattle, the blue sky was such a wonderful sight.

We ended the day sharing an outdoor meal with Cameron's Grandmother. She is such a gracious host, so kind and everything a grandmother should be. Even at ninety two she still remembers to mail us cards on our birthdays, holidays and our anniversary. She is my role model for aging gracefully and always looking so pulled together.


No comments: