11 July 2011

He who wore the poncho had a bigger smile

On our last day in San Francisco, we awoke to blue skies and this great view out or hotel window.

A morning run to Tartine Bakery, followed by a stroll through Dolores Park. It is here where we saw the ugliness of humanity. No joke, the aftermath of the Fourth of July and the amount of refuse was the equivalent to hundreds of people living in the park for a day. I cannot fathom what type of person literally walks away from a mound of trash they have created, but they should be punished. A good punishment would be no access to the park for a year.

We made the mistake of ordering separate treats. I almost made myself sick trying to eat all of mine, but ended up throwing away half. I really hate wasting food, so I wanted to give it to a homeless person, but where are all the homeless people when you need them?

The view from Dolores Park.




On a whim we decided to ride the Rocket Boat, I immediately thought how much my little sis and Dad would love this ride. We did not know quite what to expect, but it was a high speed, fun little thrill ride and a good way to get out on the water. I have never been good at taking advice, so when they recommended putting on a poncho I declined, but wrapped it around my legs.


After a good amount of cruising, they purposefully (in my opinion) ended the ride by splashing everyone. Needless to say, the man sitting next to me wearing his poncho thought it was pretty funny.



One of the best things about San Francisco is that we never have to rent a car. We can take BART directly from the airport to downtown and just about anywhere else we want to go.

As most trips to San Francisco go, this one was last minute. We had planned on camping in Southern Oregon and paying a visit to Crater Lake, instead we flew over it.

I enjoyed snapping photos not only mid flight, but as we landed, the last one looks like we flew on a fighter jet, but alas we did not.

What are some of your favorite touristy things to do in San Francisco?

No comments: