01 June 2011

Scenes from the weekend


Our plans for a hiking/camping weekend were sidelined by colds, so we did the next best thing and headed down to Portland. We partook in the delicious food which put Portland food carts on the map. I like to think of it as a hip, healthy version of a mall's food court. Everyone gets to eat what they want and the prices are incredibly reasonable. I had a delicious breakfast wrap from The Big Egg, but by the time I thought to take a photo it was not looking so photogenic.


Mr. Sweet Tooth went with the Eazy Trapezy Waffle. I wished I would have been there to hear him order it, the name made me laugh.

This noodle bowl place had a Chocolate cup on the menu, so we just had to order it to find out what it was. The things we do in the name of "research".


We could spend all of our time on Mississippi or Belmont Avenue and never set foot into the city. There are so many places to eat that you could honestly spend a week trying them all out. Sadly, we have a longer list of favorite places to eat at in Portland than in Seattle.

Who knew there were so many great uses for rolling laundry baskets? Another great thing about Mississippi Avenue is you are able to witness what they call "Portlandia" to its fullest effect.



I thought this shot would make for a killer photo. I love the idea, it just needs to be better executed next time.

Another one of our favorite spots is the Pearl District. I could roam around these streets and photograph the old brick buildings with fire escapes all day long.

There really is beauty all around. Can you guess what this is? A phone poll covered with scraps of paper.

As of late, I am digging reflective surfaces, check out these buildings. When you surrender to mother nature, all kind of magic can happen in your photographs.


We enjoyed walking across bridges.

Finding interesting angles to photograph.

but most importantly, we were together and able to enjoy the extra day off.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

LOVE the pictures, Lisette! You have such an eye for cool photos :-) I think I've driven through Portland once or twice but this makes me excited to visit again someday ... and it seems like the food *always* tastes better on vacation. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Cameron in July and to being introduced to the charm of Seabrook!

Stephanie said...

Hmm..you sound as if you're ready to pick up and leave Seattle! Portland sounds amazing. I can't wait for my first trip next month. Although with 4 kids in tow I'm not sure I'll get to do all the fun things you did :)

xo

Tara H said...

I'll have to get your input for a trip to Portland- we have a Clipper Voucher and I think we are going to try and use it for a weekend to Portland. This post just sealed the deal!