22 April 2011

Color play in the sky- Happy Earth Day


On our drive home the other evening I mentioned with much enthusiasm how dynamic the clouds have been lately. I am not certain how much Cameron really cared about this, but like the good husband he is, he listened intently. Once home, I anticipated how exciting the sunset might be that evening. Armed with my camera I made my way up to our rooftop deck and for the next hour or so witnessed phenomenal natural beauty. At one point, I was so excited about the moon peeking through the clouds I literally ran down and told Cameron I had to show him something and to come quickly.

Also, I took a weather class in college, so I have done my best to identify some of the clouds.

Puffy white clouds are my favorite, also known as cumulus


Stratocumulus

Cirrus

The moon peaking between swift moving clouds


Cumulonimbus

Towering cumulus clouds

In preparation for our upcoming trip I thought about how it is not that the sunsets are more beautiful when we are on vacation, it is just that we take the time enjoy them. Here is to enjoying more sunsets from the comfort of our own home.


No comments: