18 March 2011

How prepared are you?

Over the past week, I have repeatedly asked myself this question. Not the point where I am running out buying potassium iodide, but where preparedness is at the forefront of my mind. In order to make something good come from all the bad occurring in Japan, I thought it was high time we revamped our 3 day survival kit, car kit and first aid kit. A good starting place for me has been the Red Cross site.

When it comes to being prepared I take a portable approach. I want everything to fit into a large backpack in which I can be out of my home in a flash. Given this notion, weight is an important factor when considering all items.

I have also been shopping around for the most stylish first aid kit out there and came across this one from Radius. Oh, how I love good Danish design.

In addition, I would love to hear any of your best preparedness tips.

No comments: