11 February 2011

Weekday reprieve and the $10 committment



The sun shone brightly this week, with the sky an unfamiliar shade of blue. This kind of weather almost made me forget we are still experiencing Winter. This kind of weather also made me realize my need for new sunglasses. I headed downtown on a hunt for a pair of shades and was given a surprising amount of feedback from the sales clerk as I tried on various pairs. (On a side note: I feel about as attached to my sunglasses as my hair style.) This kind of purchase warrants somewhere around five minutes of my time, but the sales clerk chirping different types of feedback about how each pair looked was slowing me down. I wanted to tell her to go away, but instead decided to wear her out as I continued to try on every pair in the store. "not right for the shape of your face" or "too big" she would beckon. If only she knew she was making this decision harder than it needed to be. Finally satisfied with a tolerable pair I purchased one and off I went. Little did I know I would end up at another store later in the day where I would purchase a pair whose qualities were in direct conflict with everything that sales clerk had told me. Little did I know she had been helpful. Donned with my new shades, the warmth of the sunshine beckoned me outside and up into the mountains.



The view from the top of Mt. Si with Mt. Rainier in the distance.


If you are need of a weekday reprieve where would you go? The mall, a walk, a hike, out to a good restaurant or meet up with a good friend?

2 comments:

Shawna said...

weekday reprieve? I just slowly bur surely get things done giving myself many small reward moments on Facebook.

Shawna said...

Good call on the sunglasses! You look beautiful!