25 February 2011

Slappy Cakes

I know money cannot buy true happiness, but moments of happiness it certainly can. The moment we walked into Slappy Cakes I was grinning from ear to ear. I was eager to make pancakes on my very own table side grill and the bright decor along with the friendly staff made the experience all the sweeter.


First you choose what type of batter and then you choose what kind of toppings you want. In addition, they have a full breakfast menu and they can even make your pancakes for you if you are in a hurry. It was hard to determine which toppings to choose, but since I was feeling adventurous I chose dried pineapple and Cameron selected bacon. In the end, I have to say the combination of pancake, syrup and bacon was a nice blend of sweet and savory, whereas mine was just extra sweet.




I think you will hard pressed to find a more inventive, social and unique dining experience for under ten bucks and that is why I plan on making this one of our must dos when are in Portland.


No comments: