28 February 2011

Cool, but not cool


Much to my chagrin I forgot my camera at home when we went snowshoeing on Saturday. Normally, I remember such things while I am getting into the car, but not this time. Fortunately, we received a plentiful amount of snow this week and the snowshoeing was powdery perfection. It was a balmy nineteen degrees outside, the wind really stung your face if it hit you just right, but the air seemed drier than usual.

There was an overabundance of skiers on this particular day. When we arrived the ski patrol was pulling someone out on a sled, it was a good reminder to keep our eyes and ears open and be aware of our surroundings.

Since I did not have my camera I was forced to take it all in without the added distraction of getting great photos. The i-phone does not do the beautiful scenery justice, but I had to make due with what I had.



Climbing up the side of the mountain, the snow was so soft it would break away with each step. We were happy to see no one else had attempted to go the same way making the snow less stable.

No comments: