01 July 2010

An explosion of beauty

The day the cable company got wise to all our free stations I realized my love affair with the Food Network would have to end abruptly. In my opinion, there is not much left good on television when you cut that out. Slowly over time, I have come to find the good qualities of the Discovery Channel and can even say I look forward to shows like Dirty Jobs. Last night after months of Deadliest Catch consuming the air waves, I was pleasantly surprised to find my show. This time Mike Rowe was learning how to create fireworks. I was shocked to find out how labor intensive making fireworks is. As I look forward to seeing another magnificent show this year over the Golden Gate Bridge I will reflect on how seconds of beauty equals endless hours of hard work. I am grateful for how diverse our interests are and that there are people like the man in Pennsylvania who is passionate about making fireworks.

Here I am looking onward to the bay's firework show (photograph by Cameron)

I love trying to photograph fireworks, the pictures are as unpredictable as the fireworks themselves.




No comments: