16 July 2010

Bursting with life

In preparation for the Edmond's art walk I found myself with a few hours to kill in downtown Edmonds. At first I was concerned what I might do to keep busy, but after popping into a few shops, walking along Brackett's Landing and spending some time in Rick Steve's shop my time was up. I was uncertain what to expect from this art walk, because each is a little different, but I walked away completely impressed and happy to have participated.

Edmonds is a town which is serious about their artwalks. They print maps, they create legends, they even have a website dedicated to it. The crowds are diverse and packed with groups of young, old and everything in between. Some of my personal favorites were the gaggles of elderly women whose smiles were contagious and whose outfits were bursts of rainbows. They would get separated from their groups, get lost and then come and chat with me until they were found again.

A special thanks to my husband who worked the sidewalk to draw people into the salon. The women working at the salon mentioned he was the first husband to ever work that hard for his lady. I know I am a lucky girl, but it is times like this when other people notice in which I feel extra proud to call him mine.



The ferry coming into the terminal taken from Breckett's Landing.


Both the flowers and the sky were a brilliant shade of blue.

I am not certain what these people are doing knee deep in the water, but the view of Mt. Baker was enough of a reason to me.

The combination of bright green and blue spoke to me.

I saw a whale.

The quickest way to my heart is line a street with bursting flower baskets.

We ended the night with an Italian dinner at Girard's and the thought that maybe I should not wait another several years to come here again because it is a delightful and vibrant little town.

No comments: