21 June 2010

Love is in the air

Here is a pictorial account of our anniversary last week. Maybe it was because five felt like a milestone, but I was feeling very nostalgic. I recreated a centerpiece from our wedding, but opted to use kermit mums (the flowers used on our cake) instead of gerber daisies.
I wanted to have the same lady who made our wedding cake recreate the top tier for our anniversary, but she never got back to me. I ended up making a lemon cake with lemon curd filling and lemon buttercream. Sounds like a lot of lemon, but it was all very subtly flavored and somewhat reminiscent of our wedding cake.

I surprised Cameron with dinner at Ray's boathouse, which is where we had our wedding reception. The meal was perfect, we had a waterfront table and the entire time a harbor seal kept popping up his head to say hello. Before dinner we took the opportunity to take a few photos from Golden Gardens which is where we took our wedding photos.


I wore the same jewelry and shoes I wore on our wedding day, but I took advantage of the chance to buy a new dress for the occasion.





No comments: