09 March 2010

Lunchbox Laboratory


If you like gourmet burgers and large helpings of fries than this is the place for you. On numerous occasions we had been told to check out Lunchbox Laboratory and took the opportunity last weekend. We headed there with no expectations and were surprised with how tiny a place it really was. We fortunate enough to snag one of four tables inside, but unfortunately it was the one by the door and I think that door opened a bazillion times during our meal. I do digress.....

I was feeling adventurous and went with the Truffle love burger, sweet potato fries and NW Berry milkshake. I should have heeded my friend's warning about the ridiculous amounts of bacon they pile on, but I didn't. (note: after I had pulled 3/4 of the bacon off, it started to get ridiculous so I ate my annual obligatory helping of bacon. also, the burger was so juicy it made the bottom bun soggy so I abandoned that too.) I loved how they put their milkshakes in beakers, but they seemed a tad overpriced for the size. All in all it was a fun little adventure and if I am ever starving I know where to go to feel insanely full.

Side note: As I went to pull out my camera to photograph my food, the lady at the table two feet away from us started telling her mother how people like to photograph their food and put it up on their blogs. The mother seemed a bit shocked by this notion and as a result I felt foolish for pulling out my camera. I will never see that woman again, so I should not have allowed her to make me feel stupid, but I did. So here is a quick, somewhat low quality looking photo of my meal because I did not want to feel like the weirdo in the corner photographing her food. Never mind that I am that person.......

1 comment:

Ketsy said...

I am laughing about the scandalized woman at LL. To think people would have the audacity to take pictures of their food! So funny. And the bacon! Isn't it insane?

Paradise looks lovely. What a great way to spend Saturday.