25 February 2010

I love Portland

On a whim, we talked about going to Vancouver over the weekend to check out the Olympics, but on second thought we decided to head south to Portland instead. Having just gotten home from vacation two days prior we did not have need for a little a getaway, but that was what made it so fun. We hit all the hot spots in our book, shopped (gotta love the tax free), ate and soaked up some sunshine on what felt like a nice spring day. I enjoy the walkability of Portland and given the easy access to transportation, lack of hills and compactness it makes for a great day.

For lunch or dinner we like to go to Pastini. They make great panini and caesar salads.


We stumbled across this cute little place while roaming about, but unfortunately they were closed. We are definitely coming back here, and the fact that it is painted my new favorite color made my day.

I branched out from my usual pistachio at Mio Gelato and tried the Yoggi which was delicious.

There are endless new modern high rises popping up all over the city, I could imagine myself living there, but then again I can imagine myself living anywhere I visit.

No comments: