04 January 2010

Resolutions, the good, the bad and the truthful

Last year, was the first year I committed myself to making concrete New Year resolutions by writing them down. Most years, they were merely a hopeful thoughts in my mind at the start of each new year which would long fall by the wayside come March. Upon reflecting on my list here is what I found and how I really did this past year.

1. Travel to a new country (I did not accomplish this, however this was my own decision- I opted to return to Costa Rica.)

2. Travel to a new state (We added Maine and New Hampshire to our list this year.)

3. Throw more parties (This was accomplished through two firsts; a New Years Eve party and a Easter Brunch both welcome additions to our party repertoire.)

4. Invite someone different over to dinner each month. (Check- we dinner partied it up all year long, especially this Summer with our rooftop deck.)

5. Go running at least three times a week. (On average this was more than accomplished.)

6. Read scriptures nightly with Cameron (This was a pitiful attempt, I am currently adding this to my new list.)

7. Try one new recipe a week (I accomplished this in spurts, some weeks I rocked and other weeks I rolled.)

8. Start my own business (If you count working freelance and having art shows, then check.)

9. Have more patience, take more to make me upset (Only Cameron can really testify to this one, I like to think I have.)

10. Try one new restaurant a month (This was accomplished more easily through our move which put us closer to places to eat.)

11. Get rid of anything I do not need, want or use (Moving helped out a lot with this one, we got rid of a ton of stuff....I still cannot part with all things I do not use, but I am trying.)

12. Learn a new skill (I have taught myself to make ribbon flowers and I have plans for pillow making in the next couple of weeks.)

All in all I did not too bad this past year, but as always I hope to do more, be more, see more and live more.

Happy 2010! Here I come.

No comments: