08 June 2009

Weekend plans crumbled, but not my cookie spoons

Do you ever have a long list of projects that you plan to conquer in a certain period of time and fall short? Do you ever dwell on all those items that you did not accomplish, rather than celebrating the ones that you did? I am guilty of all and this weekend was no exception. I found myself with some time alone and had planned out all these wonderful creations I was going to make. Instead, I did loads and loads of laundry and felt like the farthest thing from a domestic goddess. How can two people generate so much laundry? Well, it just happened to be the "perfect storm" weekend where the sheets, towels and rugs all needed to be washed simultaneously. I felt like I had done twelve loads, but upon counting it was really only half that. This weekend was not without its highlights, like the free flowing conversation at girls night out over the most scrumptious butternut squash tacos, the cleaning out and purging of three boxes of stuff from our house, the apartment search that confirmed my obsession with a good view over a full size fridge and the most exhilarating chance to hold freshly born little Davis. Having just received my Martha Stewart Living magazine this weekend I was determined to find a reason to make the cookie spoons featured on the cover and with perseverance I did. I might not have sewn a flower onto my shirt, hiked a mountain or basked in the sunshine, but upon further reflection, I had a good and productive weekend nonetheless.

2 comments:

West Seattle Mapes said...

Lisette, I am glad that I was the beneficiary of your messed up plans. That dessert was killer! I'll be dreaming of cookie spoons....

Little Contents said...

YUM! Good idea!