06 November 2008

Hancock Shaker Village

There is a peaceful serenity that exists among this vacant Shaker Village. The simplicity allows for even the most common item to shine with its inherent beauty. Being here made me want to go home and throw away all my extra stuff. Living in the consumer based, storage unit renting society we live in we would never allow our possessions to have a shelf to themselves, but cram as much as humanely possible upon them. Each bowl or chair is given space to breathe and be appreciated. I love how they have pegs all along the walls to hang whatever they deem necessary. In every turn I saw beauty and in every landscape I wished it was my backyard. Maybe I am surprisingly more of a country girl than I once thought.
















1 comment:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Beautiful! 'another place to add to our list of places we need to see before we die. Thanks for sharing it with us.