16 April 2013

A day in Granada, Nicaragua

The sun scorched down on us as the market was a whirlwind of activity. Pedestrians, cars, and bikes jockeyed for position along the street. With a lack of sidewalk there was no clear path to take. Endless interesting items, most notably soft white cheese in plastic bags peeked our interest. Plastic bags seemed to be the container of choice, everything was put inside those little bags. I remember feeling a strong sense of sensory overload, but tried my best to not look bewildered. This crowded, bustling street market was the place I bought my first baby item. At that point, I was relatively certain I was pregnant, but had not completely convinced myself. I knew I wanted to buy something as a souvenir, so we peeked into several shops and after much indecision purchased a beautiful white hand embroidered dress. For some reason, I assumed we were having a girl and I tucked the little dress into my suitcase for "someday" soon. Buying my first baby item seemed surreal, but it was actually what I needed to do to process that yes indeed we were going to be having a baby.






I loved these aprons, I looked all over for one to buy, but could not find one.
Hotel Dario, in the center of town, but located on a pedestrian only street.





At Hotel Dario they pulled out all stops, the food was gourmet.

1 comment:

McKenna Lou said...

I love these pictures, they are so gorgeous and bright. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog, the design is perfect and there is so much inspiration here. I will definitely be following you on bloglovin and GFC. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com
P.S. Have you entered into our giveaway's yet? Enter into our Octavia Bloom Giveaway for some lovely jewelry, and/or our Perfect Shirt giveaway (2 winners total)!