25 February 2013

Cookie brilliance

Do you ever have those moments when you see a clever idea and say to yourself, "why didn't I ever think of that?" While dining at The Meatball Shop we had one of those experiences. Aside from the menu being a series of boxes to check off with a whip off marker (to ensure proper ordering) something else caught our attention. It is not often I am swayed to order dessert when dining out, but the waitress made it known the ice cream sandwiches were well worth the indulgence. Once the dessert menu appeared it offered the same boxes to check, so our waitress suggested we get a different top and bottom cookie. Brilliant! I have never had a mismatching ice cream sandwich and it is safe to say I will never go back. This particular evening I enjoyed vanilla ice cream sandwiched between a peanut butter cookie and a double chocolate cookie. Divine and such a clever little idea I would have never thought of on my own.

Have you ever tried a mismatching top and bottom cookie on your ice cream sandwich? If so, could you ever go back to matching cookies?

No comments: