14 November 2012

Service night

Our first Service Night was a grand success. We had an excellent turn out and everyone worked hard well into the evening. I think it is safe to say an enjoyable time was had by all, but most importantly we were able to make some great headway on our donation goal for December 25th. We decided to tackle diaper, hat, blanket and gown making all in one night. Whew! We quickly learned which projects are the most time consuming and did our best to divide and conquer given our individual skill sets. Almost everyone left with a project to take home and I know many hands will be busy over the coming months in Asher's behalf. I left that evening with a heart full of gratitude and a bag full of goodies to donate to other families in need.
With the help of Cameron's tracing and cutting and my Mom's sewing abilities we were able to pin, stuff with cards and ready 100 diapers to be delivered to the hospital.
We were the lucky recipients of such diapers and the little card allowed me to learn more about the program, become involved myself and find a way to give back to the community.
These gowns are the most time consuming, but they turned out beautifully. One day I am certain they will be someone's prized possession. All these clothes are made with such love, you can sense it just by looking at them.

We had to throw in a couple wild prints into the diaper making frenzy.
Alyce was such a gracious host and such an enthusiastic supporter of this project. 
I love these ladies. They were busily working on the gowns and the diapers all night long.
Hat, diaper and blanket making central.
Cutting, tracing, pinning and stuffing diapers.

1 comment:

Tavia said...

I wish I could have been there too, Lisette. I am so grateful for the opportunity to participate long distance and support you in your efforts. This weekend I went out and bought some cute flannel for the diapers. I have recruited help from a handful of enthusiastic sisters in my ward. They have already helped to knit and crochet seven 16"x16" blankets! I will email you pictures when our efforts are complete.