29 November 2012

Inaugural snowshoeing adventure

The mountains are our respite. The only thing we focus on while we are there is breathing deep, snapping a few photos and pinching ourselves that this as our playground.



Sometimes in life you have those "why didn't we do this sooner" moments. A couple weeks ago we finally bought an insulated thermos. For the amount of time we spend outdoors, I am uncertain why we never did this before. Now we can enjoy hot chocolate or warm soup trailside. I guess in the past we preferred to just embrace the cold.
Pristine Snow Lake


I would not mind looking out my window to see this each day.



This section of the trail always reminds me of The Grinch. I think it is all those icicles hanging off the rocks.
Frozen branches

As the days continue to get shorter, it means we get to enjoy twilight up in the mountains.

No comments: