25 July 2012
Observations of a pregnant woman
2. People have become keenly interested in my overall health. Upon finding out I am pregnant, even people I don't know very well ask me how I am feeling. Since I have had an easy pregnancy it leaves little for conversation.
3. Speaking of attention.....I have been reminded just how much I dislike a lot of hoopla being made about me. I have never strived to be the center of attention before and I really just like to be treated like everyone else. I do not know how many times I have told people, "just treat me like a regular person" I know people are just trying to be nice, but I like to think I am pregnant and not disabled.
4. Pregnancy puts the breaks on clothing shopping. Looking at clothes is just a reminder of how many things you cannot nor should not be trying to wear at this time.
5. On the flip side, everything is ten times cuter in a small form, so baby clothes shopping happily replaces personal clothing shopping.
6. Fortunately/Unfortunately I will never post belly shots on this blog....under normal circumstances I would not document my mid section, so why would I start now?
7. Immediately upon finding out I was pregnant I registered several places. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to planning, so why would child birth be any different.
8. My other immediate reaction to finding out I was pregnant was to embark on a quilting project. I have never quilted a day in my life, so now seemed like a good time to start (with the help of a patient and kind friend). I am thrilled with how it is turning out and it will have to be one adorable baby if it expects to spit up on all my hard work.
All in all I have little to report about being pregnant and I feel very grateful for that. I am happy, healthy and life is continuing on pretty much like normal. I am stock piling away little necessities and will soon find out how prepared I really am.