20 December 2011

Take your troubles to the mountain

Between battling sickness, stress and life, I have felt less than my best self lately.  If I could offer one piece of advice on how to deal with life's stresses I would solidly stand behind the idea of sweating it out. There is nothing more mind clearing and mood changing than listening to the sound of your own breath, paying attention to the natural rhythm of your body and allowing it to do what God intended your body to do...move. Although it had only been a month since we last hiked, I have felt a severe loss in the recharging balance it brings to my soul. The sun was shining, the air was still and it felt more like a spring day than the beginning of Winter. Feeling warmth radiate my body from the sun felt so good, I wish I could have frozen the moment in time to bring out in the dead of Winter.
The ledge all to ourselves...... the way it should be if you ask me. In the distance, where we get our water from.





No comments: