13 November 2011

Iceland: hauntingly beautiful

Iceland is a place straight out of my dreams. The colors, the variation in landscapes, the indescribable feeling of being the only two people for miles. Iceland is more rugged, remote and probably the place which haunts my dreams the most. Don't get me wrong, I love the hustle and bustle of New York City, the sheer electric energy of it streets, but if I had to choose between frenzy and consumerism vs. starkness and quiet, I would take a trip to Iceland over New York City any day. Driving for hours on wide open roads, the landscape quickly changes and I never felt so compelled to capture every second of what I was seeing. Pictures hardly do it justice, but since I do not have a trip planned there any time soon, they will just have to do.










No comments: