25 October 2011

Apple Picking

Even though Washington is a huge producer of apples, it is hard to find a u-pick place. This past Saturday I found the perfect little orchard to go picking at. The weather was tumultuous on the drive up, but once we got out of the car the skies parted and we had ourselves a lovely afternoon. Cameron surprised me with his mad photography skills and we had a mini photo shoot in the orchard. It was fun being on the other side of the camera for a change.
I was very particular what went inside this basket.
We had to taste the wares.
Crabapple tree for cross pollination.
The orchard was so beautiful after the rain storm.


Most of the apples were easily reached and the ones that weren't, this man could.

The orchard had just opened last week, so there were plenty of apples to choose from.


I did a lot of stretching and reaching on my tippy toes.




Time to call it a day.
Our bounty, all in a day's work.

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

I have been searching everywhere for a u-pick apple orchard. Thank you for this post, now I know exactly where to go! I hope there are still some apples left this Saturday!