13 April 2011

A day filled with love


The day of the funeral could not have been a more beautiful day. The sun was shining, the sky a brilliant shade of blue and almost every family member was present. At the service, all nine grandchildren were able to give a small tribute to their Grandfather. It was clear to see this was a man who fiercely loved his family. Having served in the Navy an American flag was draped across his casket and later presented to his wife. Especially at times like these, it is our faith which sees us through. I am grateful for not only the additional set of grandparents I received when I married Cameron, but his amazing extended family.












Cameron with his siblings, parents, and Grandmother. I am impressed not only by the youthfulness of his ninety two year old grandmother but the strength she exhibited just days after loosing her spouse.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Oh my Gosh, Lisette- I LOVE this post. Thank you for remembering so many little details and having such a writing talent that you can permanently document that memory for all of us.