15 February 2011

Weekend roundup


This weekend was filled with delicious dining experiences, good friends, some city living and pre Valentine Day's festivities.

Saturday we ate our way through Ballard our first stop lunch at a Puerto Rican restaurant called La Isla. I loved the toothy hand painted coconut masks which covered the walls of the restaurant almost as much as their pulled pork empanadillas.


What would a pre Valentine celebration be without a little something sweet? How about a Chocolate Strawberry cupcake drizzled with chocolate ganache from Cupcake Royale.


For our pre Valentine celebration I had my salmon Oscar style at El Gaucho, accompanied with a wild mushroom risotto good enough to make anyone contemplate becoming a vegetarian. I cannot decide if all this good food inspires me to either take my cooking up a notch or just become totally lazy and eat out all the time.

No comments: