17 June 2010

High Five


Five years ago today Cameron and I were married. Aside from being the best decision I have ever made, my life is better than I ever could have imagined. In the past five years we have moved three times, purchased four cars, traveled to Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala and Hawaii just to name a few. We have thrown lots of parties, made lots of amazing friends and learned a lot as a couple.

Note: This was my makeshift bouquet just for a few photos at the temple. I did not have my real bouquet until later that day and it was spectacular.

I am certain everyone looks fondly back at their wedding day, but ours was truly the best day of my life. Not only was it the best party that I have ever been to (we both did not want the night to end), but we were overwhelmed with the love and support we felt from both our family and friends. I have always known that my parents love me, but on my special day I felt it even deeper. I was glad I was marrying someone my parents not only would grow to love, but already loved.

Here is a pictorial account of some of the highlights from the day:

The color palette was bold and the flowers were stunning.

The venue was idyllic and the weather decided to cooperate.

The cake was a dream and it was everything I could have hoped for.

The centerpieces were sweet and simple and executed just how I wanted.

The fatherly advice and the fact that Vivian wanted to sit on my lap made for an even more special night.

I wanted an intimate reception and everyone I loved was there and that was what mattered.




The candy buffet was a sweet way to end a sweet day.

No comments: